I offer private consultations in your own home or at my office, The Nest in Lynden.
I am IN-NETWORK with Aetna Insurance (including Meritain plans). See Insurance Information page. For all other insurances a deposit is due at the time of service and your insurance will be billed for an out-of-network visit. State insurance plans (Medicaid, Molina, Apple Health, etc) generally will not reimburse for these visits.
- Postpartum Initial Consult
- We will begin by taking a detailed history of your health, birth, baby’s health, and breastfeeding history. Baby will be weighed on a hospital grade infant scale. I will perform a breast evaluation, infant oral examination, and observe a full feeding session, while helping you problem solve. Baby will be weighed again after the nursing session to determine the amount of milk intake. Includes a personalized written plan. Approximately 60-120 minutes.
- Prenatal Consult
- Includes breast evaluation, discussion regarding any risk factors for breastfeeding problems, and a personalized written plan to maximize your chances of accomplishing your breastfeeding goals. Approximately 30 to 60 minutes. It is recommended to take a prenatal breastfeeding class in addition to your consult.
- Private Breastfeeding Class
- A class just for you and your partner or support person in your own home or my office. Learn techniques, positioning, latch, how to troubleshoot common problems, and all about pumping and milk storage.
- Follow Up Visit
- It may be as simple as a weight check for baby, or more involved addressing any persisting or new problems. Approximately 30-60 minutes.
- Return To Work Consult
- Includes detailed, hands on instruction on pumping and milk storage. I will provide you a personalized, written plan for your pumping schedule, and letters for your employer if needed.
- Telephone or Video Consult $45 first 30 minutes, $15 per 15 minutes thereafter
- For clients who don’t need an in-person visit, who just need a few questions answered, or live too far away for a visit. We will discuss your health, birth, baby’s health, and breastfeeding history. I will address your concerns and provide a personalized plan emailed to you.
- Group Breastfeeding Class
- Offered once per month at Bellingham OB/GYN (must be an established patient there). Please call their reception at 360-671-4944 for next available class date and to register. For more information, click here. Most insurance plans can be billed for this course.
- Offered 1-2 times per quarter through Bellingham Technical College, on campus in Bellingham and at The Nest in Lynden. For more information and to register, click here. Scholarships are available for half the cost of the class!
Rumina Lactation is completely paperless. After scheduling you’ll be sent a link to complete your intake forms and consents online prior to your visit. Following your appointment you will receive your visit summary, care plan, and handouts through the Patient Portal.